Business Insurance, is a Team Unit in Phillip Securities (a member of PhillipCapital Group) specializing in corporate insurance for companies, and personal insurance & wealth management for our corporate clients’ employees.
Our aim is to provide the best possible advice to our clients, by placing our clients’ needs and interests first. We want our clients to be delighted with our integrity, professionalism, efficiency and premium service standard.
We assisted over 500 clients consisting of MNCs, Listed Firms, SMEs, Professionals, Entrepreneurs and Business Owners and their employees on various insurance and wealth management needs. We have been surrounded by great customers, who continue to place their trust in us and introduced us to their business associates and friends. Over the years, we have grown mainly by word of mouth where more than 50% of our new customers are through referrals by existing clients.
Regardless which stage you and your business at, we are confident that our advice and services will be able to add value to you and your company. We have assisted start-ups and entrepreneurs and grow together with them to become a regional & global success story.
Business Insurance (formerly known as James Poon & Associates) is founded by James Poon, who started his career in insurance & financial planning industry since December 2005. Before venturing into this business, James co-owned an IT & business consulting firm. His previous role as Business Consultant and the experience being a Business Owner & Director, has become very useful in helping business owners and companies in their business insurance & financial planning needs. Below are the industry accolades and some background about James:
- Qualified for Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) from 2006 to 2017 (12 consecutive times);
- Achieved MDRT Life Member Status in 2016
- Awarded “Star Club Premier” from 2006 to 2012 by Prudential
- Awarded “Silver Premier Award” in 2008 by Prudential
- Awarded “Top Producer (Protection) of The Year 2013″ by Zurich
- Awarded “Top Unit Manager of The Year” in 2017 by Nexus
- Awarded “Producer of The Year, 3rd″ in 2017 by Nexus
- Awarded “Rising Star Award – General Insurance” in 2019 by Phillip Securities
- Academic: 1st Class BSc. (Hons) Computing Studies